Tuesday 7 October 2014

Amanda's top 10 autumn eats and drinks | post 2


TOP 10 AUTUMN EATS AND DRINKS.
 
This evening, we have a lovely lady called Amanda telling us what her 10 favourite autumn food and drinks are.
Thank you so much for taking part and writing on the blog!

Hi Readers,

My name is Amanda from www.chocolatepages.wordpress.com and I am honoured  o have been asked by Elizabeth and Emily to be a guest blogger on their site.
 
                                                     

Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to these two amazing bloggers, Elizabeth and Emily each have their own blogs, which are fabulous, you really should check them out.

Elizabeth at @El_Gayle101    Emily at @EmilyBelleBlogs

They are talented young bloggers who are friendly, helpful and just lovely. So, thank you again girls for this opportunity.

I am going to tell you my top 10 things to eat and drink at Autumn time. I'm not a lover of the dark nights coming in, so I comfort myself with good things to eat and drink. 



1.   Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, this always makes the colder nights better. My favourite mug and a top tv series or great book.
 
            

                  
2. Lentil soup. I make this myself and it is so good. Warm, healthy hearty soup and if it’s with a big hunk of bread with thick salty butter, then all the better.

 

3. Baileys with ice. This always reminds of Christmas! Maybe its because I often get bottles of it as gifts. There are lots of different flavours now too. My favourite is the mint.

 

4. Pumpkin!!! got to to be included as Autumnal food. I always buy a pumpkin at Halloween time. There are lots of things you can do with these: soups, cut into chunks and roasted, pumpkin pie (I haven't tried or made this, but it sounds good!), risotto.

 

5. Jacket potato with beans and cheese. This sounds simple, but I don't usually eat it over the summer, then when Autumn arrives and I have my first one, it is so yummy.

 

6. Caramel apple crumble. SO GOOD! I also make this homemade, making it fresh and eating it straight from the oven is just heavenly. I can share the recipe of this if anybody wants it, its very easy.

 

7. Carrot cake with lots of cinnamon, homemade is best, but sitting in a café with a mug of coffee is good too. Only stipulation is it must have plenty of cinnamon!

 

8. Toffee Apples. I haven't made these myself, but I don't expect it would be that difficult. The shop bought ones are cheap and cheerful enough. A great novelty at Halloween while dunking the plain apples.

 

9. Pancakes - the Autumn comes, and I love to make pancakes for Saturday morning breakfast. Great toppings include, chocolate (of course), banana and condensed milk, maple syrup and pineapple chunks, a sprinking of sugar and cinnamon. 

 

10. My TOP AUTUMN EAT is CHOCOLATE, because that's my top eat anytime, love it, total chocaholic, no exceptions and no excuses!!
 
 
                                                 
 
So, that's my top 10 favourite things to eat and drink over Autumn. Let me know if you agree or what your favourites are. I would love to hear from you. 
My Twitter name is @chocolate_pages, come and say hi!
 
Thank you Elizabeth and Emily, hope you two are having a fab Autumn and I hope to be back on your blog again soon.
 
 
                                             
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting